Wednesday 1 June 2011

First moves

Well I have not updated this for a while and this is going to be a longer update.
A lot has happened. First I am actually writing this from Shetland so in that respect my move is proving successful.
I managed to find a lovely little rental property with a grand total of about four days to spare.
That did nothing for my relaxed nature but it did manage to distract me from the sheer logistical nightmare of moving up here.
And that was just for me. What on earth is it going to be like when it is the full family and a house worth of stuff?
No that worry is for a later date.
Anyway I did manage to pack up relatively in advance of the move which is a first for me.
I had decided to travel up on the ferry and the drive up was uneventful.
This was my first time in the ferry and I have to say it was kind of fun.
Dinner on the ferry was basic but nice. The cabin was small but very comfortable and I managed to get a good sleep.
Enough of a sleep that I could work the full day when I got here.
Today then was a whirlwind of running to sign leases, pick up keys and unpack while trying to work.
So now I am trying to relax and plan ahead.
I miss my wife and kids. I can't wait to get them up here.
Now all I need to do is find a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment