Thursday 21 April 2011

Housing Market In Shetland

Having just started looking seriously at the housing market in Sheltand I have noticed a few things.
First it does not have lots and lots of houses available.
Second those that are available tend to go very quickly. Well they seem to if I am at all interested in them :-(
Third is that Shetland seems to love long low houses. Most of them appear to be only over 1 floor but pretty large on the whole. The exception to this is the big old ones in Lerwick which are gorgeous and over 3 floors but expensive.

I am enjoying looking now but getting a bit scared by how quickly it is all moving. Plus somewhere along the line I have to find time to sell my house, arrange mortgages and consider renting a place in the meantime.

Which is another thing. I think I found a grand total of two rental properties advertised. This is going to be trickier than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment